Thursday, October 15, 2009

Health Care Cost v. War Cost


When I ran across this political cartoon when doing research for my blog, I found this comparison to be rather hilarious, but extremely informative. President Obama is receiving so many issues from how much we would spend for the health care reform. However, we are spending, as the political cartoon states, almost three times of the cost that it would be to provide this health care reform in order to pay for this "unnecessary war."

My main focus with this particular post is to show where our country's focus is currently staying. I always thought that it was important to put a country's citizens first; however, our nation is putting others before helping our own citizens. Yes, I understand we are an imperialistic country and are suppose to be the World Police; however, we need to focus on those who are actually living in the United States first. Those are the people who should be our priority and President Obama is trying to make that happen.
While my blogs focuses primarily on military families, I would be ignorant in not trying to provide insight on how this war is affecting regular American citizens as well. Obama is just trying to put the focus back on the American citizens, the way our nation should be.

I am not saying that we should just forget about the Iraqis and ignore their needs. I am saying that we need to make our citizens priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment