Thursday, November 5, 2009

We.Need.Change - Final Blog

Typically for my final blog, I would analyze the blog, tell what I have learned, say why I enjoyed writing this blog, and end on a happy note. However, I find this to be impossible with the tragic event that occurred today at Fort Hood in Texas. Thirteen people have been killed today by a member of the U.S. armed forces.

Throughout my entire blog, I have emphasized just how detrimental to military communities and how dangerous these soldiers can be because of their mental state coming back from war. What I feared that would happen occurred today. Soldiers are humans too and they can only take so much before things get out of control. Unfortunately in Killeen, Texas, things got way out of control.

If this is not proof enough that we need to get out of these wars because of the effects that they are having on military families and communities back in the United States, then I don’t know what to do. Tragic events like these will continue to occur if we do not do something about these wars soon. We need something to happen. We, the United States of America, need to see change.

Thirteen people have lost their life today. Thirteen people we will never get back. Thirteen people who could have been saved…

My prayers go to families who have lost loved ones and to the community dealing with this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment